Relative and kinship care support and resources
How to get support, information about financial allowances and assistance, and a list of helpful and printable resources
Kinship care: printable factsheets
Here is a list of helpful factsheets related to relative and kinship care.
- Education planning for children and young people in OOHC: carer’s guide
- Fee-free training for children and young people in out-of-home care
- Helping children and young people reach their potential at school
- Starting Year 7 in out-of-home care - factsheet
- Starting Year 11 in out-of-home care - factsheet
Health and well-being
- Consent for medical and dental treatment of children and young people in statutory out-of-home care
- OOHC Health Pathway: carer's guide
- OOHC Health Coordinators Contact list
- Out-of-home care: Legal assistance for carers - factsheet about how to apply to NCAT if you disagree with a decision to give out high information about your placement
- Section 90 applications information for NGO authorised carers
LINKS Training and Support
- LINKS Training and Support develops targeted, evidence-based training and resources in Trauma Informed Care and Problematic Sexualised Behaviour for carers and out-of-home-care professionals.
Office of the Children's Guardian
Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 07 May 2020