Targeted Earlier Intervention program reform (TEI)
We are working with our clients, service providers, other government departments and related organisations to redesign the service system
Targeted Earlier Intervention program overview
We are working with our clients, service providers, other government departments and related organisations to redesign the service system.
We are reforming targeted earlier intervention programs because despite our best endeavours, the number of children reported at risk of significant harm continues to grow, and we need to intervene earlier.
There are many more children and families that need support to have more positive pathways in life.
We need a service system that is:
- flexible — focusing on client needs rather than program guidelines
- locally responsive — working to the strengths, assets and needs of local communities
- evidence based — grounded in what we know works and building on that knowledge
- adaptive — continuously improving and responding to change
- client centred — working with the person and family to address their needs.
The following programs are being considered as part of the reform: