Communities Plus sites at Telopea, Arncliffe and Villawood are now one step closer to being revitalized with shortlisted applicants being invited to submit proposals for more than 4500, social, affordable and private homes.
Minister for Social Housing Pru Goward said the NSW Government-owned sites had received strong interest since the tender process was announced.
"These sites will be developed into integrated mixed communities of modern homes along with retail shopping, community facilities and green spaces," Ms Goward said.
"This is a terrific opportunity for the Government to work in partnership with the not-for-profit and private sectors and to deliver these dynamic new projects that are close to schools, shops and transport."
Contracts for all sites will be awarded in the first half of 2019.
The successful shortlist for Telopea:
* Citta Property Group Pty Limited & Qualitas Property Partners Pty Limited/ Community Housing Limited & Bridge Housing Limited
* Frasers Property AHL Limited/ Hume Community Housing & St George Community Housing Limited
* Payce Consolidated Limited/ Evolve Housing Limited.
The successful shortlist for Arncliffe:
* Billbergia Pty Limited/ Evolve Housing Limited
* Investec Australia Pty Limited & Bouygues Construction Australia Pty Limited (LinkCity)/ St George Community Housing Limited.
The successful shortlist for Villawood (Community Housing Providers to be nominated through the Request for Proposal):
* Landmark Group Australia Pty Limited
* St Hilliers Pty Limited
* Traders in Purple Pty Limited.
The $22 billion Communities Plus program is expected to deliver 23,500 social and affordable housing dwellings and 40,000 private homes over 10 years.
For more information about Communities Plus, visit: https://www.communitiesplus.com.au/