Information for Aboriginal people
At FACS we refer only to "Aboriginal", in recognition that Aboriginal people are the original inhabitants of NSW. We do not have a specific charter of service related to Torres Strait Islander people.
However, we acknowledge and respect that Torres Strait Islander people are among the First Nations of Australia. Torres Strait Islander people are also included amongst our clients and staff.
Children, families and carers
- I need support as a parent
- I have been visited by FACS, what do I do?
- I want to request an Aboriginal caseworker
- How do I get my child back?
- I am worried about a child - can I call anonymously?
- I want to become a carer for my mob
- I need to go to an Aboriginal Child and Family Centre
- I was in foster care and want to see my records
- I want help from an Aboriginal client service officer
- I need help finding somewhere to live
- I need accommodation so I can work or study away from my home (ERA)
- I need a scholarship to help me stay in school
- I need emergency accommodation
- I’m having trouble with my neighbour (antisocial behaviour)
Domestic and family violence
- About Family and Community Services
- How we work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Aboriginal Cultural Capability Framework
- Aboriginal Impact Statement
- Services and support contacts for Aboriginal people
- NSW Practice Framework